Friday 4 March 2016

Of War and Peace

Of War and Peace 
It's the white noise that always got to me, she said, 
Incipient, it seeped through to my soul, 
Rattled my consciousness,
Till I could think no more,
Forcing a retreat.
And did you find peace ? He asked,
No , the world followed as did its conundrum,
Every which where I went,
My spaces shrank,
And I cut myself up into little bits,
Always in retreat,
But found no peace,
The invading armies, all conquering.
Perhaps you could ponder, he said,
How did the noise get in ?
Perhaps you let it in,
Fearing the emptiness within,
Brought on by the retreat?
Let down my defences and,
Manifested my death wish you mean ? She said,
That may well be,
For peace must really lie within,
And all I ever did,
Was to let the white noise seep in...
-Vinny
26/2/16

No comments:

Post a Comment