Thursday 26 November 2015

Disconnected.



Disconnected.
You sleep the sleep of the disconnected, he said,
As if curled inside a cocoon,
Don't your wings yearn the thrill of flight? 
I flew, too close to the Sun, she said
Scorched, I use the dark to heal
The dank moist haze keeps me from the blinding light.
What if I were to fly alongside?
Would you awaken to the colours that life offers?
For they be so many, if only you would open your eyes.
I see the world in light and dark, she said,
And you yearn the painted dawns that arise,
Washed with the hues of the waters wherein they hide,
How will we fly alongside?
Ah! He said, the dark and the light,
Is it not that they hold within,
All the colours that the universe provides?
True, you see, she said,
It is in this that the disconnect lies,
That one splits a ray of light,
And the other in the dark, abides.
-Vinny
25/11/15

No comments:

Post a Comment