Monday 14 December 2015

Enchantment

Phir usee bewafa pe marte' hain,
Phir wahi jindagi hamaree hai... 😀
Enchantment
I lose myself in our conversations, he said, 
Like the tiny bubbles that rise,
Effervescent from a drink,
My senses seem drunk to the brim,
What is this magic you spin ?!
Me? she said, My wand was stolen a while ago,
And my memory knows no more, the sequence of things,
You mistake the patina for the real thing.
No , he said, I still see the imprint,
Primordial lessons of the little things,
The soft touch that thrills the heartbeat,
The whisper that in their harmony, sings,
The tress that twines, as if a string,
You need no wand, you enchanting being!
That is just your imaginations' fecundity, she said,
I do no such thing,
May be it's you who weaves, these magical spells you perceive,
Maybe they are a function of your being!
Or perhaps I am a palimpsest,
One can never quite rub out an imprint,
perhaps that is a wondrous thing,
Or Perhaps your potions, exhume,
She who once was a bewitching nymph!
-Vinny

3/12/15

No comments:

Post a Comment